Click to view Davey’s Data Collection Policy
Product Warranty Details
Download Warranty information as a PDF
Congratulations on your purchase of a Davey TankSense. Davey Water Products Pty Ltd (Davey) of 6 Lakeview Drive Scoresby VIC 3179 provides the following warranty in relation to Davey TankSense™ (the product). For safety and use instructions, please refer to the product installation and operating instructions on our website at https://www.davey.com.au/tanksense or https://www.daveynz.co.nz/tanksense.
Across Australia and New Zealand, our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law or the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably forseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount of a major failure.
Davey warrants that, subject to the exclusions and limitations below, the product will be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of 12 months from the date of purchase (warranty period). If a defect appears in the product before the end of the warranty period and Davey finds the product to be defective in materials or workmanship, Davey will, in its sole discretion, either:
- replace or repair the product or the defective part of the product free of charge; or
- arrange for the product or the defective part of the product to be repaired or replaced by a qualified repairer free of charge.
Davey reserves the right to replace defective parts of the product with parts or components of similar quality, grade and composition where an identical part or component is not available. Goods presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired.
- If a fault covered by the warranty occurs, Davey suggests, in the first instance, that you contact the Davey Dealer from whom you purchased the product. Alternatively you can phone the Davey Customer Service line on 1300 367 866 in Australia, or 0800 654 333 in New Zealand, or send a written letter to Davey at the address listed above, or email email@example.com.
- Any warranty claim must be accompanied by proof of purchase and details of the alleged defect.
- On receipt of your claim, Davey will seek to resolve your difficulties or, if the product is faulty or defective, advise you on how to have your product repaired, obtain a replacement or a refund.
- This warranty is limited to defects in the materials or workmanship in the product and does not cover expendable parts or the replacement of parts due to fair wear and tear.
This warranty covers any manufacturing defects only within the warranty period, and statutory rights outside of the warranty period. This warranty does not cover service costs in replacing and maintaining consumable parts which have ceased working through normal wear and tear.
It is highly recommended users test the Bluetooth signal strength and suitability for the installation before completing the installation by switching the unit on and pairing it to their phone and then placing it in close proximity to where the TankSense will be installed. The overall system performance can be influenced by various environmental factors such as distance, location of signal blocking obstacles such as solid walls, metal fixtures or any non conductive object.
The warranty will not apply where:
- The Product has been modified, repaired or serviced by someone other than Davey or an authorised repairer.
- Davey cannot establish any fault in the product after testing.
- The product has been used other than for the purpose for which it was designed.
- The product has been subject to abnormal conditions, whether of temperature, water, humidity, pressure, stress or similar.
- The purchaser has used or fitted non-genuine or non-approved parts and accessories.
- The Product defect has arisen due to abuse, misuse, neglect or accident.
- The Product defect has arisen due to the purchaser’s failure to properly maintain or use the product.
- The damage has been caused by the use of chemicals and detergents not approved by Davey.
Should your Davey product require repair or service after the warranty period, please contact your nearest Davey Dealer or phone or email the Davey Customer Service Centre.
Information subject to change. Please contact Davey for further information on firstname.lastname@example.org. Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC.